Important Information Regarding COVID-19
WE ARE STILL OPEN
With the new stay-at-home order, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Dentistry is considered essential healthcare by every state and by the Contra Costa County. Oral health is an integral component of systemic health and routine dental visits are essential due to their role in diagnosing, preventing and treating oral diseases that can affect your overall health.
Here are some of the things we have implemented in the office to keep you safe.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive. We will also take your temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- Every member of our team will also be screened the same way to ensure your safety.
- Our waiting room will no longer be available. We ask that you text us when you arrive.
- Patients are asked to arrive alone to their appointments, unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or are special needs patients. If someone accompanies a patient, they will be asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the office.
- We are moving to paperless forms to reduce paper transfer. You will get more electronic communication from us during this time. Please look out for text messages or email from us to fill out forms prior to your arrival.
In addition to the vigorous screening process, we have installed an extra-oral suction device and a modern isolation system Dryshield to remove aerosols produced during procedures.
To keep the air clean in the operatory, we have a installed HEPA air filters in every room. On top of that, a virucidal fogger with hospital grade disinfectant (HOCL) is used to decontaminate the air and the surfaces after every procedure.
For more information about the HOCL fogger check out the link below
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- HOCL fogging resource: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7315945/